The new year is well underway. You have set goals to take on a prosperous mind-set and claim the abundance you have in Christ. But you are already questioning the good word God gave you for 2020.
Will I have a prosperous new year?
Beloved, don’t question God’s goodness toward you. You are loved. You have been given eternal life. And you have been given an abundant life in 2020!
Even though we are already a few weeks into 2020, you can still plan for a prosperous new year. Here’s how…
3 Steps to Take for a Prosperous New Year
If there is something the Spirit of God has revealed to you through prayer that is holding you back from prospering in what you have been sent to do, then it is time to deal with it today. Circumstances in your life that have gone awry must be addressed and brought before the Lord.
Perhaps God has given you a word to address your financial situation or issues in your marriage this year. Whatever the case may be, if you want these areas to prosper, take small steps today to put them in order.
Step 1. Set your mind on things above. If you remain in a negative mind-set or doubt that good will come your way, you can’t expect your circumstances to change. The Word of God tells us to think about whatever is true, notable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8).
When you notice doubt entering your mind, declare Philippians 4:8 and set your mind on these things.
Step 2. Prayerfully ask the Lord to reveal what is out of order. Putting out a small fire is easier than putting out a big one. Don’t put off aligning out-of-order business. It will be easier to deal with it today rather than tomorrow. Ask God which fire is the most important. Deal with it first.
Perhaps there is chaos, disrespect, or financial struggles flowing through your household. Ask God to give you expectations for your home that will help it prosper. The expectations could be anything from speaking with love and respect to spending less money on frivolous things and sowing more into God’s Kingdom.
Step 3. Remain expectant. Expectation is synonymous with anticipation. Look forward to what is to come. Hope for what is expected. Wait and prepare for the promise. Once the Lord has shown you what is out of order, and you start to deal with it, don’t lose sight of the promise. Keep focused on the manifestation of the Word.
5 Ways to Set Your Mind for a Prosperous New Year
Waiting in expectation for the promise of a prosperous new year involves active faith. You must stay focused. Focus is godly action through speaking, praying, and walking in righteousness.
1. Be Prayerful—Prayer is a way to protect the promise that was given to you. It is what allows prosperity, healing, and restoration to be released.
“And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”—James 5:15-16
2. Be Positive—You must stay positive and confident in God’s Word, even when those around you do not agree. Sometimes others will influence you and try to pull you into negativity. Close your ears to them and open your mind to what God says.
“But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.”—James 1:6-8
3. Be Patient—When we go through times of trials, the Word tells us to consider it joy because it will produce perseverance. Trials create maturity in Believers. Therefore, be patient through them so perseverance can finish its work.
“…you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”—James 1:3-4
4. Be Wise—God reveals His wisdom to you by the Spirit. He will give you direction for a prosperous new year. Declare God’s wisdom.
“We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature… we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began… these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.”—1 Corinthians 2:6, 7, 10
5. Sow What You Want to Reap—We have to realize that if we want to be prosperous in areas of our lives, then we must sow seeds into those areas. If you want peace in your marriage, sow peace into the relationship. If you want a healthy life, decide today to make healthy choices. If you want a breakthrough in your finances, choose to get them in order and sow into God’s Kingdom.
“’Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.’”—Luke 6:38
7 Verses to Remember for a Prosperous New Year
- “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”—Psalm 27:13
- “’Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.’”—Joshua 1:8
- “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced…”—1 Chronicles 16:11-12
- “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”—James 1:17
- “In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my request before you and wait expectantly.”—Psalm 5:3
- “However, the Lord your God would not listen to Balaam but turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the Lord your God loves you.”—Deuteronomy 23:5
- “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.’”—Lamentations 3:22-24
Remember, Beloved, you are too anointed to be disappointed!
Destroy Prosperity Killers
God has been ministering to me as we move into the prophetic year of 2020. You are the best candidate for elevation. But in order for you to elevate, there are some prophetic secrets about prosperity that I've come to release unto you. Receive and follow my prophetic instructions now.